Pattern mixing is one of those things that is tricky. I love seeing bold patterns mixed with reckless abandon and having the color be the thread that ties a look together. Other people prefer keeping pattern mixing monochrome or with one color, but mostly subtle interactions of geometric forms. It’s largely a matter of taste.
That said, the standard advice is good advice. Make sure they’re different scales, and try to tie the colors together in a way that makes sense. In this case I just happen to have a red and blue paisley pocket square with green and yellow accents, perfect with a green and blue tartan tie with red and yellow accents. The gingham is just a bonus.
And seriously, I’m really addicted to this new camera. The pictures are just infinitely better.
20 Notes/ Hide
- lovingbackwards likes this
- shmandaburr reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- whataqueerbird likes this
- karinlovelia reblogged this from afistfulofstyle and added:
- stylesbynostalgia reblogged this from girlfriendssocialclub
- newenglishconception likes this
- oneagainstnature said: Agreed on the camera. Very nice photos.
- adistinctivetaste likes this
- forgiveorforget likes this
- jakada reblogged this from afistfulofstyle and added:
- acuteobtuse likes this
- stylepoints likes this
- fina-estampa-caballero reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- bsherrod likes this
- m0ym0y likes this
- kktspecial reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- afistfulofstyle posted this