Still unseasonably warm, 58 today (December 5th, in Maine). Still warm enough for a denim jacket and scarf with no embellishments.
A few things of note.
1. I’d consider this a maximalist outfit. It’s got 3 plaids, a couple stripes, it’s got a denim jacket/tie (contrasting formality). But it’s not too wacky or overtly attention grabbing, because maximalism isn’t one thing.
2. Try different ways of tying your scarf, it can add a lot of panache to a more staid look.
2a. A scarf can be a great compliment, or a great contrast to any outfit, sometimes it can be both (complimentary color, contrasting pattern or vice versa). It’s so easy to take off and stow. Offers a lot of versatility.
3. I really like socks with a base color that’s the standard “one shade off from your pants”, but then with a strong pattern. Let’s them compliment and contrast at the same time.
4. A denim jacket is basically an unstructured cotton jacket in a navy color. Sound familiar? Try it as an alternative for a sport coat instead of as a layering piece. You’ll like the result.
EDIT: Sorry for the double post. My internets don’t work so good. 3rd times the charm and all that.
17 Notes/ Hide
- iamschwallacus reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- satirically-yours likes this
- alfargo likes this
- monkiii likes this
- nurenaissanceman likes this
- syedin likes this
- syedin reblogged this from 17lettersfromark
- evolvingstyle likes this
- chiefdalliance said: lovely tie!
- aboveallrules likes this
- sweetchariotoffire likes this
- 17lettersfromark reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- acuteobtuse likes this
- thisfits likes this
- afistfulofstyle posted this