Corduroy and Cashmere.
Upwards of 60 again today. Good day for a corduroy jacket. I like the mix here of the corduroy wales with the cable knit cashmere. This outfit also speaks to the value of vintage items. The shoes and jacket are both thrifted vintage pieces, $8 and $3 respectively. Slightly better than the $600 and $180 you’d spend on comparable pieces.
And since the jacket is unstructured with big patch pockets, it means it looks just as modern as this season’s items. And since the shoes are shell cordovan it means they’ll last basically forever.
While you might have some trouble finding some more “modern” items, finding anything that’s coming back after a long time out of fashion, or that’s “timeless” (corduroy jackets, tweed, flannel pants, etc…) is fairly easy and infinitely cheaper to thrift than to buy retail.
28 Notes/ Hide
- masonkrane likes this
- robertsonok46 likes this
- jammieme900 likes this
- fuckyeahcord reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- danielsrose likes this
- hereinduckburg likes this
- satirically-yours likes this
- thesearchforhector reblogged this from afistfulofstyle and added:
- peterabigania reblogged this from afistfulofstyle and added:
- bingbangs likes this
- i-am-from-mars likes this
- likesdinos reblogged this from thisandthatstyle
- pardonmyreach likes this
- acuteobtuse likes this
- theteatreegirl reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- whataqueerbird likes this
- trousersintartan likes this
- nurenaissanceman likes this
- m0ym0y likes this
- jiforce likes this
- girouxmcisaak likes this
- superdanger-us said: killed it again.
- thisandthatstyle reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- thisandthatstyle likes this
- afistfulofstyle posted this