Dressed by (and stolen from) the internet.
Now, I’m no stranger to the plaid tie, or even the plaid tie/navy blazer combo. But I really liked the bold use of red and the overtly casual “Jeans & Blazer" look is one I haven’t done in a while. In this case, my spin got rid of the tie clip and made the pocket square a contrasting pattern/material in a complementary color scheme. I also swapped out the shoes for work boots because we got 6 inches of snow last night.
Also of note, matching my scarf to the main color in the ensemble. I could have gone with a navy scarf, but it’s such a nice day that seemed a little severe. The red picks up on the PS, but with the popped collar on the blazer it gives it a slightly more “outerwear” flavor.
So that’s how you steal from bloggers you like. Just make sure to cite your sources.
Stanley Blacker Blazer - $4
Jordan Marsh “A Fitted Shirt” OCBD - $2.50
Pendleton Red Plaid Wool Tie - $3
Pocket Square (Ladies Scarf) - $2
Black Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves - $9.60
*Ed Note: This exact scenario (20-25 degrees, & sunny, w/ scarf) is pretty much the only time I cosign popping anything other than an overcoat collar.
13 Notes/ Hide
- m0ym0y said: i feel most confident in this color palette — for sure the new englander in me
- m0ym0y likes this
- thriftshoprunway likes this
- thisfits likes this
- aimeelynngl33son likes this
- evolvingstyle reblogged this from afistfulofstyle and added:
- evolvingstyle likes this
- gunnarkauth said: white shirt, red tie, navy blazer works every single time. doesn’t hurt that it’s all tailored well.
- gunnarkauth likes this
- afistfulofstyle posted this