Have your cake/Eat your cake.
My love for festooning myself with all manner of patterns and colors has been well documented. However, I’ve also written a fair amount about the basics and how they fit in to a wardrobe (specifically how they fit into my wardrobe). This is an example of finding a way to have my cake and eat it too.
Here I’ve matched a subdued cotton floral tie, mostly in navy, with white jeans, blue OCBD, brown suede derbies and a brown jacket…
The jacket has all manner of colorful flecks that are only visible from up close. They get brought out by the tie, which itself is made more “fun” from being matched in such a conservative* outfit. You can have your more esoteric items that aren’t necessarily “elegant”, but are fun to wear. And sometimes, you can even have your ridiculous items and make them barely noticeable.
A fine example of having your cake but also getting to eat it.
Jacket - Southwick - $4 ($5?)
Shirt - Vtg. Van Heusen “Profiles” - $2.50
Tie - No Brand (Vtg?) - $3
Jeans - LLBean Signature (Clearance) - $20
Shoes - Bass - $7
*Ed. Note: “Conservative” by my standards, your results may vary.
11 Notes/ Hide
- wake-walking reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- eclecticstyles likes this
- almisbah01 likes this
- instyle-men reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- kiltandbowtie reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- acuteobtuse likes this
- kgmessier reblogged this from daurbannerd
- girouxmcisaak likes this
- jordanthefrightener reblogged this from afistfulofstyle
- jordanthefrightener likes this
- afistfulofstyle posted this